Vice President of Customer Success
Location: Remote US. Full-time.
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is an Enterprise Battery Intelligence (EBI) software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. Our customers are world-leading brands — including global automakers (Mercedes, Subaru), household-name tech giants (Google, Meta, Amazon), and major battery producers and their materials suppliers (Albemarle, Sila Nanotechnologies) — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is a USA-based fully-remote company serving customers around the world.
Voltaiq is looking for an experienced player-coach with a proven track record of building teams and processes that turn customers into evangelists. The Vice President of Customer Success will own the post-sale customer relationship: Account Management to build the strategic relationships within customer organizations that drive retention and expansion, and Battery Applications Engineering to ensure achievement of customer technical objectives and provide ongoing expertise through onboarding and technical support. This position reports to Voltaiq’s CEO.
The ideal candidate will have a history of achievement leading the Customer Success function at a quickly-growing enterprise SaaS startup in a engineering or technology vertical (e.g. CAD/CAE, chem/bio/pharma, engineering simulation, automation, PLM, etc.). This is the perfect opportunity for a Customer Success professional seeking to transition into the fastest-growing sector in climate tech – batteries! – and to work directly with companies at the leading edge of the energy transition.
- Work directly with Voltaiq’s founders to develop and execute the overall customer success strategy aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Oversee the customer journey and develop, document, and seek to continuously improve repeatable, scalable processes to guide the customer from onboarding, through adoption, renewal, and expansion.
- Own the key metrics of customer satisfaction, customer retention, and net recurring revenue (NRR).
- Build strong relationships with key customer stakeholders to understand their strategic goals, track and communicate progress toward those goals, and identify opportunities for expansion.
- Grow customer evangelists that lead to case studies, speaking opportunities, references, and ultimately renewals.
- Develop and implement feedback mechanisms to monitor and ensure customer success, including usage metrics, user surveys, and quarterly business reviews with customers.
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Engineering teams to identify customer needs, challenges, and pain points with a view to guiding the future product roadmap.
- Work cross-functionally to implement programs and processes to improve onboarding, training, support, retention, and expansion.
- Recruit and lead your team, providing coaching, mentorship, and career development.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for customer success, ensuring the team meets or exceeds targets for customer satisfaction, retention, and upsell opportunities.
- Proactively identify and address customer challenges to mitigate churn risks.
- Implement strategies for identifying and resolving customer escalations in a timely and effective manner.
- Drive a customer-centric culture throughout the organization.
- Up to 40% travel for customer meetings and industry events.
- 8 or more years of experience in Customer Success at an enterprise SaaS company in a technical vertical, with 3 or more years in a customer-facing leadership role.
- Experience working with large enterprise customers, managing multi-month implementations and large-scale rollouts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic plans that drive customer engagement and business growth.
- Excellent analytical capability as well as EQ, with the ability to combine data-driven decision making with soft skills to maximize your team’s effectiveness and customer outcomes.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to recruit, grow, inspire and motivate a team.
- Superior creative problem solving and general troubleshooting capability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and proven ability to work with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong organization skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests and drive projects to their successful completion.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a loosely structured, fast-paced, high-demand startup environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Undergraduate or Graduate technical degree with a materials, electrical, mechanical, or electrochemical focus is a plus
- A passion for working to accelerate the global transition to clean energy
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.